Why are we forced to be in constant civil wars, poverty, famine, insecurity, instability, corruption, injustice and poor economic growth more than a quarter of a century?
These are the questions that every Somali citizen should endeavor to answer, and in doing so, every one of us needs to play a pivotal role in the efforts to deal with these adversaries. We all have a part to play, and a responsibility to claim.
Caawiye ( Helper) is a non-profit organization based in Istanbul Turkey, which was founded in 2016 by a young Somalis who are scattered across the world. It is aimed at creating educational opportunities to fight illiteracy and poverty, which is one of the biggest obstacles to the development of our people and country (Somalia). And also to take the responsibility of dealing with the obstacles mentioned in the questions laid out above.
Ensuring the young Somalis are able to enroll in schools and universities no matter their financial status, gender, place and/or get the professional training they may require to get ahead in the future.
Our mission is on the basis of providing scholarship opportunities, youth awareness, encouraging the education and supporting all the Somalis who are willing to study but their financial capabilities fall short of meeting the regular school fees. This includes enabling children from poor urban and rural families or orphans to attain different levels of school education. We are also actively engaged in the efforts and awareness campaigns to tackle the humanitarian crisis which is prevalent in Somalia
1) Accountability- Acknowledging and assuming responsibility for actions, decisions and policies. It can be applied to both individual on the part of volunteers and organization as whole.
2) Commitment- Committing to create educational opportunities, and other initiatives that impact lives of the society.
3) Community- Contributing to society and demonstrating corporate social responsibility.
4) Integrity- Acting with honesty and honor without compromising the truth.
5) Courage- To encourage the youth to enroll the schools and Volunteerism (Service to others)